|Maine State Senate District 12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Maine House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Gorham State Teachers College, 1968|
|Master's||University of Maine, Port/Gorham, 1972|
|Birthday||February 19, 1945|
|Place of birth||Gardiner, Maine|
Diamond earned his Bachelor's degree from Gorham State Teacher's College in 1968 and his Master's degree from the University of Maine in 1972. Diamond also earned another Master's degree from the University of Southern Maine in 1994 and New England University in 1998.
In addition to being a Senator, Diamond is a former teacher and current small business owner.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Diamond served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Diamond served on these committees:
- Appropriations and Financial Affairs (Chair)
- Government Oversight Committee
- Select Committee on Joint Rules
- Senate Rules
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. William Diamond was unopposed in the Democratic primary. David Call was unopposed in the Republican primary but withdrew afterwards. Stuart Pennels was selected to replace Call on the general election ballot, but withdrew following an August 3 motorcycle accident; Pennels died from injuries sustained in the accident on September 4. Kaile Warren (R) was then named to the general election ballot. Diamond faces Warren in the general election.
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
Diamond ran for re-election to the 12th District seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. Ann-Marie Grenier ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Maine State Senate, District 12|
|Bill Diamond (D)||10,063||59%|
|Ann-Marie Grenier (R)||6,667||39%|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2008
Diamond raised $25,177 for his campaign.
|Maine State Senate, District 12|
|Bill Diamond (D)||14,395|
|Thomas Golebiewski (R)||5,388|
|Lisa Willey (G)||1,664|
In 2010, Bill Diamond collected $16,834 in donations.
His three largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maine Association of Realtors||$600|
In 2008 Bill Diamond collected $25,177 in donations.
His three largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Maine Insurance Agents Association||$500|
|Maine Association of Realtors||$350|
|Howe Cahill & Co.||$350|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Bill + Diamond + Maine + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Bill is married to Jane Diamond. They have two children and reside in Windham, Maine.
- Official Maine State Senate website
- Maine Senate Democrats profile
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Maine Secretary of State, Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Candidate List," April 4, 2014
- Portland Press Herald, "Army vet, Maine Senate candidate from Casco dies from accident injuries," September 4, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2008 State House Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Diamond's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2010 contributors to Bill Diamond
- 2008 contributors to Bill Diamond
|Maine Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|
Garry Plummer (R)