|Oregon State Senate District 29|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Oregon|
Hansell currently serves as a Umatilla County Commissioner.
Hansell earned his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Oregon and earned a post-grad certificate from the JFK School of Government at Harvard University. His professional experience includes working as a farmer and campus minister. He has also served as President of the National Association of Counties and President of the Association of Oregon Counties.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hansell served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Natural Resources|
|• Ways and Means|
Hansell's campaign website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- Excerpt: "I believe my rural background, understanding the issues, and 29 years of public service, at not only the local but also on state and federal levels, will enable me to effectively serve the citizens of District 29 in Salem. I am looking forward to that opportunity."
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2012
Hansell won election in the 2012 election for Oregon Senate District 29. Hansell defeated Maryl Graybeal Featherstone in the May 15 Republican primary and defeated Antone Minthorn (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Republican David Nelson did not seek re-election.
|Oregon State Senate, District 29, General Election, 2012|
|Oregon State Senate, District 29 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Maryl Graybeal Featherstone||38.7%||5,284|
Comprehensive donor information for Hansell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hansell raised a total of $188,535 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|Bill Hansell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oregon State Senate, District 29||$188,535|
|Grand Total Raised||$188,535|
2012Hansell won election to the Oregon State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Hansell raised a total of $188,535.
|Oregon State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bill Hansell's campaign in 2012|
|Associated General Contractors||$5,000|
|Friends of Fred Girod||$5,000|
|Tom Denchel Ford Country||$4,581|
|Oregon Soft Drink Association||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$188,535|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Hansell and his wife, Margaret, have six children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bill + Hansell + Oregon + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Oregon State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Bill Hansell on Facebook
- Bill Hansell on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Bill Hansell," accessed May 23, 2014
- Join Bill Hansell, "Main page," accessed May 23, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the Senate," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2012 Oregon State Senate Official Primary Results," accessed May 23, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed May 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Hansell, Bill," accessed June 12, 2013
David Nelson (R)
|Oregon State Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|