|U.S. House, Missouri, District 6|
|Bachelor's||Northwest Missouri State University (1974)|
|Master's||Central Baptist Theological Seminary (1994)|
Hedge has focused his career on education and the ministry. He currently serves as a pastor at St. Francis Baptist Temple.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Hedge's academic, professional and political career:
- 1974: Northwest Missouri State University, B.S. Education
- 1974-2003: Administrator, teacher, coach and counselor in the St. Joseph School District
- 1977: Northwest Missouri State University, M.S. Education
- 1989: Northwest Missouri State University, Educational Specialist
- 1994: Central Baptist Theological Seminary, Master of Divinity
- 2004-2012: Assistant Professor at Northwest Missouri State University
- 2005: University of Missouri-Columbia, Doctorate of Education
- 2002-Present: Pastor of St. Francis Baptist Temple
Hedge is a self-proclaimed "moderate conservative." His campaign website listed the following issues:
—Elect Hedges to Congress, 
In information submitted to Ballotpedia, Hedge stated:
|“||I, W. A. (Bill) Hedge, am a candidate for the U.S. House, Missouri. 6th District. My candidacy will be for the people. The centerpiece of this campaign is the “truth.” Our Declaration of Independence clearly states: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Right, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” This clearly includes all women and children. W. A. (Bill) Hedge’s candidacy is driven to do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.||”|
Hedge is running as a Democrat in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Missouri's 6th District. Hedge won the Democratic nomination in the primary on August 5, 2014, against Edward Dwayne Fields and Gary Lynn Crose. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Missouri District 6 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
Hedge ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Missouri's 6th District. He faced Ted Rights, Ronald William Harris and Kyle Yarber in the Democratic primary on August 7, 2012. Hedge was defeated by Yarber in the Democratic primary.
Democratic Primary Results
|Missouri's 6th Congressional District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Ronald William Harris||23.8%||7,483|
Hedge has been married to his wife, Loes, for over 30 years.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Hedge + Missouri + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri's 6th Congressional District
- Missouri's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Missouri elections, 2014
- United States House of Representatives
- News Press Now, "Hedge running for 6th District seat," accessed December 8, 2013
- Biographical information submitted to Ballotpedia on May 5, 2012
- Biographical information submitted to Ballotpedia on December 5, 2013
- Tea Party Cheer, "Bill Hedge (D-MO-6)," accessed December 8, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Elect Hedge to Congress, "Congressional campaign 2014," accessed December 8, 2013
- AP Results, "Missouri U.S. House Results" accessed August 7, 2012