|Alabama House of Representatives District 63|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama|
|J.D.||University of Alabama School of Law, 2004|
Poole earned his B.S. in Business Management from the University of Alabama and his J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law in 2004. Poole's professional experience includes working as a practicing civil attorney, city attorney and prosecutor for the City of Brookwood, AL, manager in the Federal Affairs division of the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers of America, international trade analyst for Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A. and staff assistant for the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Ways & Means.
Poole served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Chair
- Subcommittee on Energy and Green Technology
- Tuscaloosa County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Ways and Means Education Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Higher Ed Appropriations
Poole's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- New Transportation Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "Secure McWright’s Ferry Road extension and the Northern Beltway"
- Excerpt: "Support the University of Alabama"
- Excerpt: "Support DCH Regional Medical Center and the local medical community"
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Bill Poole was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 63 General Election (2010)|
|Bill Poole (R)||9,937|
|Susan Pace Hamill (D)||5,631|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 63 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Bill Poole (R)||3,485|
|John Fisher (R)||2,073|
In 2010, Poole raised $88,184 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$9,319|
|Poole Iii, William S||$5,000|
|Tusco PAC 2||$3,600|
In 2010, Poole's endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Poole and his wife, Niccole, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bill + Poole + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Bill Poole's campaign website
- House site
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Bill Poole on Facebook
- Bill Poole's campaign website, "Platform," November 2, 2010
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama2010.com, "Alabama GOP primary results," accessed May 5, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
Robert J. Bentley
|Alabama House District 63
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|