|South Dakota State Senate District 26|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||Four terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Wyoming, 2008|
|Place of birth||Burke, SD|
|Profession||Investment Advisor Representative|
Sutton earned his B.S. in Finance from the University of Wyoming. He used his education to work in investment and currently works as an investment advisor representative. He currently lives in Burke.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sutton served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Joint Appropriations|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sutton served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Joint Appropriations|
|• Retirement Laws|
Sutton won re-election in the 2012 election for South Dakota State Senate District 21. Sutton ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5 and defeated John S. Meyer (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 21, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Billie Sutton Incumbent||59.5%||5,723|
Sutton did not have any opposition in the June 8 primary. She defeated John Meyer (R) in the November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 26 (2010)|
|Billie Sutton (D)||4,167||57.78%|
|John Meyer (R)||3,045||42.22%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Sutton raised a total of $14,045 in campaign funds. His top contributors were:
|Sutton, Bill & Renee (Uncoded Contribution)||$1,662|
|Sutton, Billie H (Candidate Contribution)||$994|
|Sutton, Bill & Renee (Uncoded Contribution)||$750|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Billie + Sutton + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- COLUMN: Wolves back in College National Finals Rodeo - AberdeenNews.com
- Special lawmaker study panels set - Daily Republic
- Lawmakers picked to study education funding, domestic violence - Rapid City Journal
- Topics selected for lawmakers' study session - Rapid City Journal - Rapid City Journal
- Where did the $2000 go? ? Updated - Rapid City Journal (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
Julie Bartling (D)
|South Dakota State Senate District 26
| Succeeded by|