|Lieutenant Governor of Louisiana|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||October 24, 2015|
|President of Plaquemines Parish|
Billy Nungesser was born and raised in Louisiana. Prior to his election to parish president, he was a small business owner, working to convert used shipping containers into modular living quarters for offshore oil drilling workers. He also helped form the Plaquemines Association of Business and Industry.
Nungesser is running for election to the office of Lieutenant Governor of Louisiana in the 2015 election. The primary election is scheduled for October 24, 2015, with a runoff held on November 21, 2015 if no candidate receives 50 percent of the vote.
Nungesser lost to incumbent Republican Lieutenant Governor Jay Dardenne in the primary election on October 22, 2011. In Louisiana, the governor and lieutenant governor are elected on a shared ticket in the general election, but the two offices have separate primary campaigns and elections.
In state races, Louisiana uses an open primary system known as a blanket primary. All candidates, regardless of political affiliation, run in one primary where voters are not bound to vote for a candidate from their own party. Ordinarily, the top two vote-earners, who may be from the same party, will advance to a runoff. However, if one candidate wins a majority, he or she is considered to have won the election. Dardenne captured more than 50 percent of the vote and won re-election outright. The Louisiana general election was scheduled for Saturday, November 19, 2011 but the office of lieutenant governor did not appear on the ballot.
|Lt. Governor of Louisiana, 2011|
|Republican||Jay Dardenne Incumbent||53.1%||504,541|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Billy + Nungesser + Louisiana + lieutenant + governor + 2015"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State Executive elections
| Kentucky • Louisiana |
Mississippi • West Virginia
|Gubernatorial • Lt. Governor |
Attorney General • Secretary of State
Down ballot offices: (KY, LA, MS)
|News • Calendar|
- State executive official elections, 2011
- Louisiana state executive official elections, 2011
- Louisiana lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2011
- State executive official elections, 2015
- Lieutenant Governor of Louisiana
- The New Orleans Advocate, "Mayor-President Kip Holden announces run for Louisiana lieutenant governor, touts Baton Rouge turnaround," December 11, 2014
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Candidate database," accessed September 8, 2011
- Sos.LA.gov, "Unofficial Election Results: Results for Election Date: 10/22/2011," accessed October 23, 2011
- Plaquemines Parish, "Plaquemines Parish Government 2011-2014," accessed December 11, 2014
- Friends of Billy Nungesser, "About Billy," accessed December 13, 2014
- The Green Papers, "2010 Gubernatorial Primaries at a Glance"
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |