Billy R. King
|Billy R. King|
|North Carolina State Senate District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Elizabeth City State University|
King was first elected to the Cumberland County Board of Commissioners in 1990 and his current term expires in 2014. He has served four terms as chairman of the board of commissioners and four terms as vice chairman.
King earned his B.S. in social studies from Elizabeth City State University. His professional experience includes working as a teacher and as a State Farm Insurance independent contractor for over twenty-five years.
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Ben Clark defeated Sylvia Adamczyk, Billy R. King and Eronomy Smith in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 21 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Billy R. King||33.5%||3,860|
King ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 21. He advanced to a primary runoff after running against Larry Shaw, Eronomy Smith, Allen Thomas, Jr., Curtis Worthy, and Robert B. Clark III in the Democratic primary on May 8. He was then defeated by Robert B. Clark III in the July 17, 2012, runoff.
King and his wife, Margaret, have two children and one grandchild.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Billy + King + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 21
- Official personal website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- www.co.cumberland.nc.us, "Board Member's Biography," accessed March 25, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections, "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012