For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Black River Falls School District Referendum (2009)
There was some dissension from the school board as to whether or not the measure should have been presented as three separate questions - one for the new school construction, one for the district office construction, and one for the remodeling - but in the end the vote went 6-1 for combining the questions into one large measure.
The measure also called for the closing of the Third Street and Gebhardt elementary schools.
The referendum was defeated.
The tax increase if this measure passed is estimated at an additional $100 per year for a $100,000 property.
Wording of referendum
Be it resolved by the School Board of the School District of Black River Falls, Jackson, Clark and Monroe Counties, Wisconsin that there shall be issued pursuant to Chapter 67 of the Wisconsin Statutes, general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed $25,279,225 for the public purpose of financing a school building and improvement program consisting of the acquisition of a site for and the construction and equipping of a new elementary school for Grades 1 through 5 incorporating District Office facilities; the construction and equipping of an addition to and related remodeling of Forrest Street Elementary School; and window replacement at Forrest Street Elementary School.
- Black River Falls School District website
- Black River Falls school referendum set for June 9 (dead link), Leader Telegram, April 21, 2009
- B.R.F School District Looks at Referendum, WXOW.com, April 14, 2009
- $23 million school referendum proposed, Jackson County Chronicle, April 13, 2009
- School District Formulates 23.5 Million Dollar Referendum, WEAU.com, April 13, 2009
- $25M school referendum to appear on June ballot, Jackson County Chronicle, April 26, 2009
- Leader-Telegram, "Black River Falls voters defeat school referendum," June 9,2009 (dead link)
- Black River Falls to vote on referendum for new elementary school, WKBT.com, April 23, 2009
- Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Referendum Database