For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Board of Selectmen recall, Chelmsford, Massachusetts (2011)
A vote about whether to recall George Dixon, Jon Kurland, Pat Wojtas and Matt Hanson from their positions as selectmen of Chelmsford, Massachusetts, took place on August 2, 2011. All four recall targets were retained in their seats.
Reasons for recall
Chelmsford resident Roland Van Liew formed a group called "Better Not Bigger" in his effort to recall the selectmen. He believes the selectmen failed to protect residents' interests, committed serious ethics violations, and engaged in backroom dealing regarding the development of a property on 9 North Road. Van Liew previously tried to recall Planning Board members George Zaharoolis and Susan Carter, but he failed to gather enough signatures.
Path to the ballot
In May, it was announced that Van Liew had submitted enough signatures to force a recall election. The election was held on August 2, 2011. The ballot was composed of four separate questions, asking if each of the four targeted selectmen should be recalled.
- Number of votes to recall George Dixon: 3,294
- Number of votes to retain George Dixon: 4,378
- Number of votes to recall Jon Kurland: 3,068
- Number of votes to retain Jon Kurland: 4,596
- Number of votes to recall Pat Wojtas: 3,063
- Number of votes to retain Pat Wojtas: 4,589
- Number of votes to recall Matt Hanson: 3,191
- Number of votes to retain Matt Hanson: 4,481
- Middlesex County, Massachusetts ballot measures
- Political recall efforts, 2011
- Recall campaigns in Massachusetts