|Minnesota House of Representatives District 32B|
|2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Minnesota State University|
|Profession||Budgeting and Finance|
Barrett is the Executive Director at the Hazelden Foundation.
Barrett graduated from the Minnesota State University Mankato in 1989 with a degree in Accounting.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Barrett served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Early Childhood and Youth Development Policy|
|• Education Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Barrett served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education Reform|
|• Health and Human Services Reform|
Barrett won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 32B. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Rick Olseen (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 32B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bob Barrett Incumbent||50.9%||10,644|
Barrett won election to the District 17B Seat in 2010. He defeated Sheldon Anderson in the August 10 Republican primary. He defeated Cindy Erickson (DFL) and Curtis Lendt (Independence Party of Minnesota) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 17B (2010)|
|Cindy Erickson (DFL)||7,313||36.61%|
|Bob Barrett (R)||11,023||55.18%|
|Curtis Lendt (Independence)||1,624||8.13%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Barrett raised $29,261 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Chisago County RPM||$2,760|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bob + Barrett + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Property tax relief, new fourth tier rate highlight conferred tax bill - Twin Cities Daily Planet
- Dayton: Use Cigarette, Corporate Taxes For Stadium - CBS Local
- New Minnesota Vikings stadium: Not the Metrodome - York Daily Record
- House, Senate to iron out University funding differences - Minnesota Daily
- Local House Reps vote no on hiking state's minimum wage - Chisago County Press
- Minnesota Medical Marijuana Bill Introduced - Northland's NewsCenter
- Sunday liquor sales plan fails again in Minnesota - Grand Forks Herald
- House passes higher education budget that would freeze tuition - Twin Cities Daily Planet
- Lawmakers Want More Money & Transparency from Vikings - KSTP.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Barrett and his wife Judi have two children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
Kurt Zellers (R)
|Minnesota State House District 32B
| Succeeded by|
Jeremy Kalin (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 17B
| Succeeded by|
Mary Sawatzky (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |
Data Practices Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |