Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Washington, District 1|
2012 one month short term special election
Champion ran in a special election to fill retiring representative Jay Inslee's seat for a one-month term before the 2012-2014 term begins. The special election took place on the same primary and general election dates as the full term. Washington was redistricted in 2012; the short-term replacement will be elected by the pre-2012 district, and the representative for 2012-2014 will be elected by the newly redrawn district.
Five full-term challengers are also running for the one-month term: Suzan DelBene (D), Laura Ruderman (D), Darshan Rauniyar (D), and John Koster (R), and Champion is one of six candidates running just for the one-month term: Champion (I), Brian Berry (D), Brian Sullivan (D), Ruth Morrison (D), Steven Gerdes (R), and J. Byron Holcomb (D). As in the full-term election, the top two vote-getters in the August 7 primary will go on the general election ballot. He was defeated by Suzan Delbene and John Koster.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bob + Champion + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Memorial Day weekend events - The Courier-Journal
- MWR Sprint Cup cars lead several NASCAR efforts to help tornado victims - Washington Post
- EVENTS LISTINGS: May 24 to May 30, 2013 - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
- Congressional Notables Participates at Jewish American Heritage Luncheon - Marketwire (press release)
- Bring home the bacon: Budget funds staff hikes, golf events - Topeka Capital Journal
- From boyhood to the battlefield: Long war takes its toll - The Journal News
- Quick Hits Page - RushLimbaugh.com (subscription)
- Conrad Black: The NDP's great continental game falls flat - National Post
- AFI Docs Announces 2013 Schedule - Washington City Paper (blog)
- When We Held Kings - Grantland
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found