|Indiana State Senate District 49|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Deig was Posey County Commissioner for District 3 from 2000 to 2003. He has been Posey County-Marrs Township Precinct Committee Person from 1996 to the present. He has also been on the Posey County Council, District 2, since 2003. He then joined the Indiana State Senate in 2006. He served in that position, representing the 49th District, until 2010.
Deig was Supervisor off General Electric Plastics from 1972 to 1992. He worked as Facilities Manger for Metropolitan School District of Mount Vernon from 1992 to 2001, for Evansville Catholic High Schools from 2001 to 2005, and for Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library from 2005 to the present.
Deig received his diploma from Mater Dei High School in 1979.
- Agriculture and Small Business Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Commerce, Public Policy & Interstate Cooperation Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Pensions and Labor Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Utilities & Technology Committee, Indiana State Senate
- See also: Indiana State Senate elections, 2010
Deig did not seek re-election to the Senate in 2010, but instead ran unsuccessfully for the House district seat 76.
In the May 4th primary, Deig ran unopposed and received 5,074 votes.
|Indiana State Senate, District 49 (2006)|
|Bob Deig (D)||20,249|
|George Postletheweight (R)||12,192|
In 2006, Deig collected $35,630 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Robert J. & Bambi L. Deig||$2,139|
|South Western Indiana Building & Construction Trades Council||$1,000|
|Indiana Farm Bureau||$1,000|
|Southwestern IN Pac Account||$1,000|
|Jobs for Southwestern Indiana CMTE||$1,000|
|Plumbers & Steamfitters Local 136||$1,000|
Deig and his wife, Bambi, have three children.
- Official Indiana State Senate website of Bob Deig
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Watchdog Indiana Candidate Ratings
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Bob Deig on LinkedIn
|Indiana State Senate District 49
| Succeeded by|