Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 37|
Fincher has worked as a teacher at Woodland High School and New Hope Christian School.
Fincher's website highlighted the following themes:
|“||I will support term limits for the legislature. My past experiences have prepared me to take the next step. I have showed a willingness to work with those from the other party in pursuit of the public good. I will listen and be available to all of the citizens. I am deeply concerned about the direction our country is headed. We have become a society which encourages government dependence rather than self-reliance. I see the foundations upon which our culture was built being eroded and swept away. I promise you honesty and transparency in all that I do. No one will work harder to bring jobs and economic development to this area.||”|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Josh Burns was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Bob Fincher defeated T. Bryant Whaley in the Republican primary. Burns will face Fincher and Guy Kelly (I) in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 37 Republican Primary, 2014|
|T. Bryant Whaley||42.4%||2,149|
Fincher ran for election in the 2010 election for Alabama House of Representatives District 37. Fincher ran unopposed in the June 1 Republican primary and was defeated by Richard Laird (D) in the general election, which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 37, General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Richard Laird Incumbent||53.6%||8,106|
In 2010, Ribs’ endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Fincher and his wife, Sheila, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bob + Fincher + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama State Senate
- Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign website
- Bob Fincher on Facebook
- List of Republican candidates certified for the June 1, 2010 primary in Alabama
- Elect Bob Fincher, "Bio," accessed May 10, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010