Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Montana State Senate, District 5|
|January 5, 2015 - present|
|January 6, 2019|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
Keenan previously served in the Senate from 1999 to 2007, and the Montana House of Representatives from 1995 to 1999.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Keenan served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Education and Cultural Resources|
|• Energy and Telecommunications|
|• Finance and Claims, Vice Chair|
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Montana State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for major party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Daniel King was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Bob Keenan was unopposed in the Republican primary. Keenan defeated King in the general election. Incumbent Verdell Jackson (R) did not seek re-election due to term limits.
|Montana State Senate, District 5 General Election, 2014|
Keenan sought the Republican nomination for Lieutenant Governor of Montana in 2012. He and his running mate, Corey Stapleton, finished second in the June 5th primary election behind Rick Hill and Jon Sonju. finished second in the June 5th primary election.
Keenan and his wife, Suzie, have five children.
- Montana State Senate
- Montana State Senate elections, 2014
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana State Senate District 5
- Montana gubernatorial and lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2012
- Corey Stapleton.com, "About Bob," accessed March 12, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate filing list: Non-legislative," accessed March 12, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "Unofficial results: June 5, 2012