|Ohio State Senate District 17|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||2 consecutive terms|
|Ohio House District 85|
|2011 - 2012|
|Bachelor's||Ohio State University|
Peterson represented District 85 in the Ohio House of Representatives from 2011 to 2012.
Peterson received his Bachelor's degree from Ohio State University. He currently manages the Peterson Family Farm. Peterson served as Fayette County Commissioner from 1996 to 2010.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Peterson served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy and Natural Resources|
|• Insurance and Financial Institutions|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Peterson was appointed to the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Finance and Appropriations|
|• Public Utilities|
- See also: Ohio State Senate elections, 2012
Peterson won re-election in the 2012 election for Ohio Senate, District 17. Peterson was appointed to the position after the primary took place in March 2012. Because of this, no primary was held for the District 17 seat. However, Peterson was up for re-election on the general election ballot on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio State Senate, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 85|
|Bob Peterson (R)||19,007||55.32%|
|Raymond Pryor (D)||15,352||44.68%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010 Peterson had raised $663,262.
Listed below are the largest contributors.
|OHIO HOUSE REPUBLICAN ORGANIZATIONAL CMTE||$468,663|
|OHIO REPUBLICAN PARTY||$74,785|
|RICHARDSON, JOHN G||$11,000|
|SEGAL, RICHARD R||$10,000|
Peterson and his wife, Lisa, have three children. They currently reside in Sabina, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bob + Peterson + Ohio + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Peterson named to Ohio Constitutional Modernization Commission - Vinton Courier
- Peterson named emerging leader by GOPAC - Chillicothe Gazette
- Despite concerns, farm bill picks up steam - Agri-Pulse
- Elbert Guillory: Democrats have ignored problems facing the black community - Daily Caller
- Senate rejects amendment to build border fence - Daily Caller
- North Carolina's state education boss wants to exempt teachers from income tax - Daily Caller
- Farm bill pits dairy farmers against processors - The News Journal
- Gomez: I told McCain he should have left office by now - Daily Caller
- Recall of Colorado gun controller gets enough signatures - Daily Caller
- School district scanned kids' eyes without parents' consent - Daily Caller
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- ↑ Pike County News Watchman, "Peterson sworn In as member of Ohio Senate," March 22, 2012
- ↑ Confirmed via phone with Ohio's Secretary of State office
- ↑ Secretary of State, Ohio House of Representatives elections results
- ↑ Follow the Money's report on 2010 campaign contributions
David T. Daniels
|Ohio State Senate District 17
| Succeeded by|
Raymond Pryor (D)
|Ohio House of Representatives District 85
| Succeeded by|