For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Georgia State Senate District 26|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2012
Gale ran in the 2012 election for Georgia State Senate District 26. Gale ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. Incumbent Miriam Paris (D) was defeated by David E. Lucas, Sr. in the Democratic primary runoff election. Democratic candidate Irvin Martinez was eliminated in the Democratic primary on July 31, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Gale was defeated in the general election.
|Georgia State Senate, District 26, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||David Lucas, Sr. Incumbent||68.3%||42,670|
Gale was eliminated in the nonpartisan special election primary for Senate District 26. Miriam Paris (D) and David Lucas, Sr. (D) received the most votes in the primary and will proceed to a runoff election on August 16, 2011. District 26 covers Twiggs County and portions of Bibb, Houston and Wilkinson Counties.
- Macon Examiner, "James Beverly, Anissa Jones qualify for Macon's House District 139 seat," June 20, 2011
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 31, 2014
- Georgia Elections Division, "2012 Election Results" accessed November 16, 2012
- Macon.com, "Lucas, Paris headed for runoff in state Senate race," July 19, 2011
- Secretary of State News, "Secretary of State Kemp Sets Qualifying Dates for the Special Elections in State Senate District 26 and State House District 139," June 10, 2011