|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 89|
|1992 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 5, 1991|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Birthday||August 28, 1938|
Shows' professional experience includes being co-owner of Shows Brothers Farm Supply.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Shows served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• County Affairs, Chair|
|• Public Health and Human Services|
|• Public Utilities|
|• Universities and Colleges|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Shows served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Ways and Means|
On November 8, 2011, Shows won re-election to District 89 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Jerdon Welborn in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 89 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Bobby Shows Incumbent||70.5%||5,721|
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 89 (2007)|
|Bobby Shows (D)||6,534||100.00%|
In 2011, Shows received $30,885 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bobby Shows's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi House Republican Conference||$2,000|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Fenton, Jay & Janie||$1,000|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$30,885|
|Total Votes received in 2011||5,721|
|Cost of each vote received||$5.4|
In 2007, Shows collected $32,150 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Medical Association||$3,000|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Mississippi Association of Realtors||$1,500|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Shows is a member of Cattlemen's Association, Farm Bureau, M&M Bank Board, Mississippi Arts Fair for Handicapped Board, and Board Chair of Southeastern Mississippi Livestock Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Bobby + Shows + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Clarion Ledger, "2 legislators switch party affiliation to Republican," December 29, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Shows
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, 2007 Democratic primary results
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Bobby Shows
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 89
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |