Boise County, Idaho
Boise County is one of 44 counties in Idaho.
- County Seat: Idaho City
- Year Organized: 1907
- Square Miles: 1,902
- Main article: Evaluation of Idaho county websites
- Information on how to make a public records request is provided, along with the form.
- County commissioners are listed with contact information. Meeting dates, times, and agendas are posted as well.
- Building permits and zoning information is available.
- Administrative officials listed under departments.
- Budget is not published.
- Information is not provided on administrative officials, county audits and contracts.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
The county filed for bankruptcy on March 2, 2011. It did so to seek protection from its creditors because of an inability to pay a multimillion-dollar judgment after it lost a federal lawsuit against it.
Under Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection, from a section of federal code expressly for financially distressed municipalities, creditors will not be able to collect the $6.2 million award while the county is developing a plan for reorganizing its debts.
- Official Boise County Website
- Boise County on E-Reference
- Boise County Elections
- Boise County on Epodunk
- Public Records Request
- Planning and Zoning
- The Wall Street Journal "Small Idaho County Files for Bankruptcy" March 3, 2011
- The Idaho Statesman "Boise County files for bankruptcy" March 2, 2011