|Michigan House of Representatives District 46|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Trustee, Oxford Township|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University, 1978|
|Birthday||January 18, 1957|
|Place of birth||Oxford, MI|
Jacobsen is the Vice President of Jacobsen's Flowers. He has served as an Oakland County Commissioner, Oxford Township trustee, past chair of the Lake Orion Downtown Development Authority, and was a member of the Oxford Emergency Safety Authority.
Jacobsen completed his B.A. in Political Economics and Business at the James Madison College at Michigan State University.
Jacobsen's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"We have eliminated our 'structural deficit' and are focused on providing high quality services at the lowest cost. Every taxpayer deserves to have their tax dollars respected and pledge to make sure that happens."
- Excerpt:"Late in 2011, I sponsored and passed a bill to amend Michigan's 100 year old Worker's Compensation System (House Bill 5002). This bill has allowed for modernization of the state agency that runs Worker's Compensation including electronic record keeping, better transparency, and faster claims processing. "
- Excerpt:"I know that when businesses pay less in taxes they hire and retain more employees. I was very happy to eliminate the MBT as your State Representative."
- Excerpt:"I will continue to work with the Dept. of Transportation and legislatively to create cost saving reforms and institute best practices."
- Excerpt:"With every regulation comes another burden to business. The legislature in the last two years has already repealed or replaced over 400 antiquated, unrealistic, and job killing regulations. It is my hope that we can continue this trend and make Michigan have common sense in regulation. "
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jacobsen served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Energy and Technology|
|• Government Operations, Vice-chair|
|• Transportation and Infrastructure|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jacobsen served on these committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Energy and Technology|
|• Oversight and Investigations, Vice-chair|
Jacobsen won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 46. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Daniel Sargent (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bradford Jacobsen Incumbent||63.7%||27,764|
Jacobsen won election to the District 46 Seat in 2010. He defeated Daniel Myslakowski and Gary Warner in the August 3 Republican primary. He defeated David Lillis (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 46 General election (2010)|
|Bradford Jacobsen (R)||24,363|
|David Lillis (D)||9,241|
More voting record details
- List of all of Brad Jacobsen’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Jacobsen raised $79,422 in contributions. 
His five largest contributors were:
|Jacobsen, Bradford C||$5,000|
|Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$4,000|
|Michigan Chamber Of Commerce||$1,000|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Michigan||$1,000|
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Rep. Brad Jacobsen
N-895 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Bradford Jacobsen received a 75% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Jacobsen and his spouse Teri have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bradford + Jacobsen + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
James Marleau (R)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |