|California State Assembly, District 50|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Torgan's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "California’s taxes are already amongst the highest in the nation. Proposition 13 has been the one safeguard for property owners against the State’s ever increasing tax burden. A split property tax roll would be disastrous for California, resulting in billions of dollars in lost economic activity and hundreds of thousands of lost jobs just in the next few years. All Californians would see increases in the cost of goods and services."
- Excerpt: "One of the gimmicks Sacramento uses to try and put its own house in order is to burden local governments with unfunded mandates. I’ll work to repeal many of these unfunded mandates from the state that are costing cities and counties hundreds of millions to comply with. A moratorium should be placed on any new unfunded mandates."
- Excerpt: "Going forward, employers and employees need to more equally share in pension costs and pension abuses like double dipping and spiking need to be curtailed. Current cost issues also need to be addressed and cost of living adjustments must be suspended until unfunded liabilities are met."
- Excerpt: "Control of K-12 education belongs in the local communities, not in Sacramento. True reform means returning curriculum and disciplinary control back to local districts. In the process, reduce the state educational bureaucracy and send the saving back to classroom instruction."
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Richard Bloom (D) and Bradly S. Torgan (R) were unopposed in the blanket primary. Bloom will face Torgan in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bradly + Torgan + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Assembly
- California State Assembly elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly District 50
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Bradly Torgan on Facebook
- Bradly Torgan on Twitter
- Bradly Torgan on LinkedIn
- torgan2014.com, "Issues," accessed September 23, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014