|Kansas House of Representatives District 98|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Wichita State University|
|Master's||Wichita State University|
Whipple attended Wichita State University, receiving both a Master's and Bachelor's degrees where he focused on social services, community development and public policy.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Whipple served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Commerce, Labor and Economic Development|
|• Utilities and Telecommunications|
Whipple's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Brandon supports laws that create and retain Kansas jobs. Our tax dollars should not go to corporations that ship our jobs out of state or to Mexico. And no one should be forced to choose between a high paying job and living in Kansas."
Local Business Growth
- Excerpt:"Small businesses account for 75 percent of new jobs in our country. As your elected official, Brandon will continue to work with local business leaders on a regular basis to address their needs."
- Excerpt:"Brandon will work to keep quality teachers in our schools and focus funding directly into the classroom."
Whipple won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 96. in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Rick Lindsey (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 96, General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Whipple has a wife, Chelsea.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brandon + Whipple + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sedgwick County eyeing tax abatement for tornado victims - Kansas.com
- House Rejects Senate Tax Plan - KAKE
- Some Kansas lawmakers forfeit OT - KSN-TV
- Lawmakers Still Have To Finish Tax Plan, Budget - KAKE
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Rep. Whipple's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Brandon Whipple on Facebook
- Brandon Whipple on Twitter
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "whippleforkansas," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 13, 2012.
- ↑ C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012
- ↑ Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
Phil Hermanson (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 96
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |
Open Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |