|North Dakota House of Representatives District 33|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||North Dakota State University|
Heller earned her B.S. in Veterinary Technology/Agriculture and Applied Science from North Dakota State University. Her professional experience includes working as a paraprofessional at Beulah Middle School.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Heller served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Heller served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Heller served on the following committee:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|North Dakota State House, District 33|
|Brenda Heller (R)||3,892|
|Gary Kreidt (R)||3,802|
|Jane Opdahl (D)||2,216|
|Judy Lang (D)||1,781|
|North Dakota House of Representatives, District 33|
|Brenda Heller (R)||3,317|
|Gary Kreidt (R)||3,151|
|Kevin Herrmann (D-NPL)||2,434|
|Mike Quinn (D-NPL)||2,021|
In 2010, Heller received $5,025 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|North Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brenda Heller's campaign in 2010|
|Lignite Energy Council||$1,000|
|Basin Electric Power Cooperative||$500|
|North Dakota Association Of Telecommunications Cooperatives||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$5,025|
In 2006, Heller collected $500 in donations.
This was her contributor in 2006.
|HOUSE REPUBLICAN CAUCUS OF NORTH DAKOTA||$500|
NDPC: North Dakota Legislative Review
The North Dakota Policy Council, a North Dakota-based nonprofit research organization which describes itself as "liberty-based", published the North Dakota Legislative Review, a comprehensive report on how state legislators voted during the 2011 legislative session. The scorecard seeks to show how North Dakota legislators voted on the principles the Council seeks to promote. The Council recorded and scored votes on both spending bills and policy bills, and awarded points accordingly. Policy issues voted upon included income tax cuts, pension reform, and government transparency. On spending legislation, the Council accorded a percentage score based on how much spending the legislator voted against. On policy legislation, scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Council. Heller received a score of 82.50% on policy legislation and voted against 10.53% of state spending. Heller was ranked 13th on policy and 26th on spending, out of 94 House members evaluated for the study.
Heller and her husband, Marty, have three children. They currently reside in Beulah, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brenda + Heller + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Rep. Heller State Surge sponsored bills
- Project Smart Vote, "Biography of Rep. Heller," accessed May 23, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2006 General Election Results," accessed May 22, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council, "The North Dakota Legislative Review - 2011," accessed January 20, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council "2011 North Dakota Legislative Review Rankings," accessed January 26, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |