|Utah State Senate District 12|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Goodfellow served in the Utah House of Representatives from 1984 to 2005. He was House Assistant Minority Whip from 1987 to 1990. In 2007 he was appointed to the Utah State Senate.
Goodfellow is an education administrator.
Goodfellow earned his B.S. in Business Education from the University of Utah. He went on to receive his M.S. in Human Resources Management from the University of Utah. He then did Post-Graduate Work.
While a member of the Utah State Senate, Goodfellow served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, Utah Senate
- Ethics Committee, Utah Senate
- Retirement and Independent Entities Committee, Utah Senate
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Utah Senate
- Transportation and Public Utilities and Technology Committee, Utah Senate
- See also: Utah State Senate elections, 2010
Goodfellow raised $57,175 for his campaign, while Achziger raised $31,317 and Pearson raised $578. 
|Utah State Senate, District 12 (2006)|
|Brent Goodfellow (D)||7,856|
|Christy Achziger (R)||7,466|
|Grant Pearson (C)||805|
In 2006, a year in which Goodfellow was up for election, he collected $57,175 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Senate Democrats of Utah||$7,000|
|Sorenson Development INC||$2,500|
|Utah Bankers Association||$2,000|
Goodfellow and his wife Gayle have six children.
- Official Utah State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1990
|Utah Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|
Daniel W. Thatcher (R)