For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 35|
|February 2, 2015 - present|
|November 9, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$152/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Jones served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Health and Human Services|
Jones' campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I oppose "Common Core."
- Excerpt: "School choice on the other hand embraces these principles. School choice allows parents to choose successful programs and leave unsuccessful programs behind. This basic principle of competition ensures that your child will get the best education possible!"
Business Regulation and Taxation
- Excerpt: "I oppose a new "Mining Tax."
- Excerpt: "I oppose the "Margins Tax."
- Excerpt: "I oppose further extentsion of the"Sunset Taxes."
Obamacare in Nevada
- Excerpt: "An initiative to stop the Silver State /Obamacare in Nevada has been filed for the November ballot. Nevada has the opportunity to join 34 other states and opt out of the state exchanges. I strongly approve of and will support this initiative."
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Nevada State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent James Healey defeated Charles Clark, Jr. in the Democratic primary, while Brent Jones defeated Mike Bajorek in the Republican primary. Healey was defeated by Jones in the general election.
|Nevada State Assembly District 35, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||James Healey Incumbent||46.7%||5,332|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 35 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|James Healey Incumbent||82.3%||813|
|Charles Clark, Jr.||17.7%||175|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 35 Republican Primary, 2014|
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
|Nevada State Senate, District 9 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Mari Nakashima St. Martin||54.2%||1,641|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brent + Jones + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the Nevada State Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Official campaign website
- Brent Jones on Facebook
- Brent Jones on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Vote Brent Jones, "Issues," accessed May 21, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2014 filed candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Clark County, "Candidate filing," accessed April 8, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Nevada Primary Election 2014," accessed June 10, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Clark County, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 6, 2014
- Washoe County, "2012 General Election candidates," accessed May 5, 2014
- Nevada Secretary of State, "Official Results of the 2012 Primary Election," accessed April 23, 2014
James Healey (D)
|Nevada State Assembly District 35
| Succeeded by|