|Minnesota House of Representatives District 60A|
Millsop's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will vote against any tax increase, period. I have seen small family businesses here in Northeast forced to shut their doors because of the ever increasing tax bills, licensing payments, and fees."
- Excerpt: "The state should increase the up-front payments on all bonding projects. Over time as other debt is paid off and the state has more available funds, this up-front payment can be increased leading to further savings."
- Excerpt: "The cost of healthcare continues to rise. While much of the policies that affect this important issue are decided in Washington D.C., I believe we have a duty to take what positive action we can here at the state level. Minnesota should provide a tax rebate to individuals for medical services."
- Excerpt: "Teaching our children is more than spending money, it’s about parental involvement. While this should remain largely a local and individual issue, the state of Minnesota has a constitutional responsibility to provide adequate funding and oversight to the public school system."
- Excerpt: "In general, I wish to make government more transparent, more efficient, and more responsive to the individual. Strengthening the property rights of individuals is the best way to protect the environment."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Diane Loeffler was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Brent Millsop was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Millsop ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 60A. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by ncumbent Diane Loeffler (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 60A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Diane Loeffler Incumbent||82.2%||17,021|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brent + Millsop + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 60A
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- "brentmillsop," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 19, 2012
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |