|Mississippi House of Representatives District 17|
|2004 - Present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 4, 2003|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Mississippi State University|
Aldridge is Founder and Executive Director of Touched by an Angel Ministries. He earned his BA from Mississippi State University and attended Itawamba Community College.
Aldridge is a member of the Community Development Foundation, Mississippi Legislative Conservative Coalition, and Rotary International.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Aldridge served on the following committees:
- Conservation and Water Resources
- County Affairs
- Public Health And Human Services
- Tourism, Vice-Chair
- Ways and Means
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Aldridge was appointed to the following committees:
On November 8, 2011, Aldridge won re-election to District 17 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He defeated Michael Stafford in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
On November 6, 2007 Aldridge was re-elected in District 17, defeating Democratic challenger Michael Stafford.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 17 (2007)|
|Brian Aldridge (R)||3,670|
|Michael Stafford (D)||2,813|
In 2011, Aldridge received $19,651 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brian Aldridge's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi House Republican Conference||$2,500|
|Mississippi Manufacturers Association||$2,000|
|Mississippi Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Home Builders Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$19,651|
|Total Votes received in 2011||5,288|
|Cost of each vote received||$3.72|
In 2007, Aldridge collected $71,820 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Republican Party||$14,000|
|Mississippi Medical Association||$3,500|
|Mississippi House Republican Conference||$3,000|
|Mississippi Association of Realtors||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Brian + Aldridge + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lawmakers adopt incentives for manufacturer in Clay County - Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
- YRC Incentives Trigger Plea for Cooper Help - Tire Review
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Post Office Box 1018
Jackson, MS 39215
Post Office Box 2611
Tupelo, MS 38803
Phone: 662-841-5833 662-841-5833 662-841-5833 (office)
Phone: 662-842-0401 (home)
- Mississippi House Member Page
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Aldridge
- ↑ Associated Press, "Mississippi Primary Election Results," accessed August 3, 2011.
- ↑ http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/state_candidates.phtml?s=MS&y=2007&f=H&so=O#sorttable
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/candidate.phtml?c=94487
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 17
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Public Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |