|Brian Daniel Whelan|
|U.S. House, California, District 16|
|High school||San Joaquin Memorial High School|
|J.D.||Rutgers University Law School|
|Profession||Farmer and attorney|
Brian Daniel Whelan
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
representing the 16th Congressional District
. He lost in the general election.
- San Joaquin Memorial High School, Fresno
- UC Berkeley
- Rutgers University Law School
Whelan is a farmer and attorney.
Whelan's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Bringing jobs back to the Central Valley is my top priority. Fresno County ranks as the poorest county in the state and Merced County is not far behind in fourth place. With a double-digit unemployment rate, we have to reward businesses that provide economic opportunity instead of taxing and regulating them out of the state."
- Excerpt: "Government spending, crushing levels of taxes, and unsustainable debt are only getting worse. Our government’s expansion into the auto industry, financial sector, energy sector, and the health care industry cannot continue. Future generations will be crippled by the debt if we do not confront the problem now."
- Excerpt: "Bad water policy that refuses to balance human suffering against environmental concerns is hurting us. It’s time we carry the message of common sense solutions to Washington: improved water storage, infrastructure and conveyance equals jobs."
- Excerpt: "We already spend more than two and a half times what other industrialized nations spend on health care. Health care decisions need to be left in the hands of patients and doctors, not unelected bureaucrats."
- Excerpt: "Prop 1A (The California High Speed Rail Initiative) passed with only 52.7% of the votes in 2008. Voters now know it was a mistake. This is a boondoggle which will have massive cost overruns. Ridership estimates were highly inflated and don’t take into account what competing carriers (airlines, etc.) will do."
- See also: California's 16th congressional district elections, 2012
Whelan ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 16th District. He and incumbent Jim Costa (D) advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating Loraine Goodwin (D), Mark Garcia (R), and Johnny Tacherra (R). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Costa won.
Breakdown of the source of Whelan's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Whelan did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Whelan's campaign committee raised a total of $511,449 and spent $499,864.
|U.S. House, California District 16, 2012 - Brian Daniel Whelan Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Brian Daniel Whelan's campaign committee|
|Klepper Ag Harvesting||$12,496
|Christopher H Whelan Inc||$10,000|
|West Hills Farm Services||$10,000|
|California Pistachio LLC||$9,998|
|San Joaquin Figs||$9,250
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Crop Production & Basic Processing||$108,198
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brian Daniel + Whelan + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Failed to load RSS feed (not array) from http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Brian Daniel+Whelan+California+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss