|Pennsylvania State House District 11|
|2005 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Pittsburgh|
Ellis earned his BA in Communication from the University of Pittsburgh. He currently works as co-owner of Ellis Auto Group.
In 2002, Ellis was a candidate for the Pennsylvania House of Representatives but was not elected. He then joined the Pennsylvania State House in 2005. He has served in that position since, representing the 11th District.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ellis served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Consumer Affairs|
|• Liquor Control|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ellis served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Government, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Ellis served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Tourism & Recreational Development|
Ellis ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 11. Ellis ran unchallenged in the April 24 primary and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Brian Ellis Incumbent||100%||25,433|
Ellis ran for re-election to the 11th District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 11|
|Brian Ellis (R)||17,331||100.0%|
Ellis raised $61,814 for his campaign, while Wilson raised $17,862.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 11 (2008)|
|Brian Ellis (R)||18,710||67.3%|
|Dave Wilson (D)||9,096||32.7%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Ellis raised $70,363 during the 2010 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Stilley, John M||$5,000|
|Pennsylvania Rural Electric Association||$1,797|
Ellis and his wife, Monica, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Brian + Ellis + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House committee OKs raising judges' mandatory retirement age - witf.org
- Theater to See in L.A. This Week, Including a Jacobean Incest Melodrama - LA Weekly (blog)
- Theater to See This Week, Including a Riveting Police Story - LA Weekly (blog)
- Weekend: Your guide to entertainment in Northeast Pennsylvania - Scranton Times-Tribune
- CONCERTS LISTINGS: May 3 to 9, 2013 - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
- Commercial real estate sees Jersey invasion - Lehigh Valley Business
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Brian Ellis' personal website
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. Ellis
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Brian Ellis on Facebook
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 11
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Right to Know Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |