Brian Ellis (Pennsylvania)
|Pennsylvania State House District 11|
|2005 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Pittsburgh|
In 2002, Ellis was a candidate for the Pennsylvania House of Representatives but was not elected.
Ellis earned his B.A. in Communication from the University of Pittsburgh. His professional experience includes being the co-owner of Ellis Auto Group.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ellis served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Consumer Affairs|
|• Liquor Control|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ellis served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• State Government, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Ellis served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Tourism & Recreational Development|
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Brian Ellis was unopposed in the Republican primary. Ellis is unchallenged in the general election.
Ellis ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 11. Ellis ran unchallenged in the April 24 primary and was unchallenged in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Brian Ellis Incumbent||100%||25,433|
Ellis ran for re-election to District 11 in 2010. He had no primary opposition and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 11|
|Brian Ellis (R)||17,331||100.0%|
Ellis raised $61,814 for his campaign, while Wilson raised $17,862.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 11 (2008)|
|Brian Ellis (R)||18,710||67.3%|
|Dave Wilson (D)||9,096||32.7%|
Comprehensive donor information for Brian Ellis is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Brian Ellis raised a total of $845,907 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 11, 2013.
|Brian Ellis's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 11||$95,376|
|2010||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 11||$70,363|
|2008||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 11||$61,814|
|2006||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 11||$47,784|
|2004||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 11||$459,343|
|2002||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 11||$111,227|
|Grand Total Raised||$845,907|
2012Brian Ellis won re-election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Brian Ellis raised a total of $95,376.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brian Ellis (Pennsylvania)'s campaign in 2012|
|Sedwick, Linda L||$5,000|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$3,750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$95,376|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Ellis raised $70,363 during the 2010 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Stilley, John M||$5,000|
|Pennsylvania Rural Electric Association||$1,797|
Ellis and his wife, Monica, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Brian + Ellis + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Brian Ellis' personal website
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Brian Ellis on Facebook
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Pennsylvania House spending, 2008," accessed May 2, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Ellis, Brian L," accessed September 11, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributors," accessed May 15, 2014
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 11
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |