|New York State Senate District 3|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Foley was unopposed in the September 14 Democratic Primary. He was defeated by Lee Zeldin (R) in the general election. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Working Families Party.
On November 4, 2008, Brian Foley won the election for New York State Senate, District 3 with 67,480 votes.
Foley raised $1,329,006 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 3 (2008)|
|Brian Foley (D)||67,480|
|Caesar Trunzo (R)||46,758|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Brian Foley's 2008 campaign.
|New York State Democratic Party||$577,850|
|Citizens for Brian Foley||$130,527|
|New York Democratic Senate Campaign CMTE||$60,000|
|Suffolk Country Democratic CMTE||$12,500|
|Duffy Duffy & Burdo||$10,000|
Senator Foley discusses health care proxy legislation
Foley's senate site details his legislative priorities: "His top priorities include cutting property taxes for Suffolk’s working families, delivering education aid to our schools, alleviating the home foreclosure crisis, and providing jobs and healthcare for residents in the 3rd Senate District."
- B.A., American Studies, St. Michael's College.
- Senator, New York State Senate, 2008-present
- Brookhaven Town Supervisor, Suffolk County, 2005-2007
- Founder, Environmental Quality Review Board
- County Legislator, Suffolk County Legislature, 1993
While a member of the New York State Senate, Foley served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Senate
- Commerce, Economic Development and Small Business Committee, New York State Senate
- Crime Victims, Crime and Correction Committee, New York State Senate
- Education Committee, New York State Senate
- Elections Committee, New York State Senate
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Senate
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Senate
- Transportation Committee, New York State Senate
Foley and his wife have two children.
- Official New York State Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Complete list of sponsored bills
- Huffington Post, "Why I'm Introducing a Resolution to Expel Sen. Monserrate from the NY State Senate," Brian X. Foley, January 19, 2010
- Imagine Election Profile
|New York Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|