|South Dakota State Senate District 14|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University|
|Ph.D.||University of Minnesota|
The general elections for the office of South Dakota State Senate will take place on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Brian Kaatz was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Deb Soholt was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kaatz will face Soholt in the general election.
Kaatz ran in the 2012 election for South Dakota State Senate District 14. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5 and was defeated by Deb Soholt (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Joni Cutler (R) is not running for re-election.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 14, General Election, 2012|
Kaatz has stated, "I would like to revive a sense of mutual problem solving, always with the prospect of learning from one another. There are too many good ideas lost because of blatant and needless partisanship. My professional life always involved listening to all ideas and arriving at conclusions for difficult problems using the best ones. That is an approach I will bring with me to the legislature."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brian + Kaatz + South Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota State Senate
- South Dakota state legislative districts
- South Dakota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Unofficial Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," accessed May 2, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2012