|Georgia House of Representatives, District 127|
|December 19, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||December 3, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Brian L. Prince is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Prince won election in a special election for Georgia House of Representatives District 127. The seat was vacant following Rep. Quincy Murphy' s (D) death after a battle with cancer. Prince faced Dianne Murphy (D) and Brian Prince (D) in the special election, which took place on November 5. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - Evans and Prince - met in a runoff on December 3, which Prince won.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 127, Special Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Diane B. Evans||43.5%||1,111|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brian + Prince + Georgia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- ajc.com, "Veteran Georgia legislator dies after lengthy illness," August 2, 2013
- cbsatlanta.com, "November special legislative elections set in Ga.," September 6, 2013
- qual.sos.state.ga.us, "Official candidate list," accessed September 19, 2013
- results.enr.clarityelections.com, "Unofficial election results," accessed November 5, 2013
- gpb.org, " Thompson, Prince, Efstration Win General Assembly Seats," December 4, 2013
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official runoff results," accessed January 8, 2014
Quincy Murphy (D)
|Georgia House of Representatives District 127
| Succeeded by|
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |