Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Washington, District 1|
2012 one month short term special election
Sullivan ran in a special election to fill retiring representative Jay Inslee's seat for a one-month term before the 2012-2014 term begins. The special election took place on the same primary and general election dates as the full term. Washington was redistricted in 2012; the short-term replacement was elected by the pre-2012 district, and the representative for 2012-2014 was elected by the newly redrawn district.
Five full-term challengers also ran for the one-month term: Suzan DelBene (D), Laura Ruderman (D), Darshan Rauniyar (D), and John Koster (R), and Sullivan was one of six candidates who ran for just for the one-month term: Sullivan (D), Brian Berry (D), J. Byron Holcomb (D), Ruth Morrison (D), Steven Gerdes (R), and Bob Champion (I). He was defeated by Suzan DelBene and John Koster.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brian + Sullivan + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Edmonds Beacon, "Sullivan eyes congressional stint," May 14, 2012
- Seattle Times, "Special election to replace Inslee for 1 month," April 2, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings," accessed May 18, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "Top 2 Primary: FAQ," accessed May 17, 2012
- AP Primary Results