|Hawaii State Senate District 12|
|2008 - Present|
|November 8, 2016|
|Years in position||5|
|Senate Majority Leader|
|2011 - Present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next election||November 8, 2016|
Galuteria was Chairman for the Democratic Party of Hawaii from 2004 to 2006.
Galuteria attended Pacific University and graduated in 1974.
Galuteria's professional experience includes working as Television Show Host of Treasures, Performer at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, Founder of Noeau Consulting, Limited Liability Company, Spokesperson for Mike McKennas Windward Ford, Broadcaster for KCCN-FM 100, Tour Director/Account Executive for Hawaiian Airlines, Broadcaster for Hawaiian 105 KINE, Television Show Host of Hawaiis Kitchen, Spokesperson for the Bank of Hawaii, Morning Show Host for AM940 KKNE, and Broadcaster for KCCN 1420AM.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Galuteria served on the following committees:
|Hawaii Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Consumer Protection, Vice Chair|
|• Public Safety, Intergovernmental and Military Affairs|
|• Tourism and Hawaiian Affairs, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Galuteria served on these committees:
|Hawaii Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Hawaiian Affairs, Chair|
|• Commerce and Consumer Protection|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Galuteria served on these committees:
|Hawaii Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Education and Housing|
|• Public Safety and Military Affairs|
|• Ways and Means|
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
Galuteria won re-election in the 2012 election for Hawaii State Senate District 12. Galuteria ran unopposed in the August 11 Democratic primary and defeated Liz Larson (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Hawaii State Senate, District 12, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Brickwood Galuteria Incumbent||64.8%||9,134|
On November, 4, 2008, Galuteria won election to the Hawaii State Senate from Hawaii's 12th Senate District. Galuteria received 6,618 votes in the election, defeating Gordon Trimble (R), who received 5,922 votes. Additionally, 1,742 "Blank" votes and 17 "Over" votes were cast in the election. Galuteria raised $147,890 for his campaign; Trimble raised $91,196.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 12 (2008)|
|Brickwood Galuteria (D)||6,618||46.3%|
|Gordon Trimble (R)||5,922||41.4%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2008, Galuteria collected $147,890 in campaign contributions. The five largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Plumbers and Pipefitters||$4,000|
|Ironworkers Local 625||$4,000|
|Hawaii Operating Engineers||$4,000|
Galuteria and his wife, Abigail, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Brickwood + Galuteria + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House Kills Geothermal 'FrankenBill' Favored By Hawaii Senate - Honolulu Civil Beat
- Hawaii news coalition: Senate killed shield law - Businessweek
- Session smooth, progressive, Hawaii lawmakers say of '13 - Maui News
- Oahu Democrats Pick Up Dan Inouye's Torch - Honolulu Civil Beat
- Hawaii 24/7 Hawaii247.com
- Hawaii: Conference Committee Sends Bill Requiring Background Checks on ... - Hawaii Reporter
- Bills Gone Wild: Frankenstein And Gut-N-Replace At The Capitol - Honolulu Civil Beat
- Movies, IT, Ag, Energy Highlight Closing Session - Maui TV News (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ State of Hawaii: Office of Elections, "Federal/State/County Candidates, 2012 Primary Elections," retrieved June 11, 2012
- ↑ Hawaii Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ State of Hawaii Office of Elections, “Hawaii General 2012 - State of Hawaii – Statewide,” November 20, 2012
- ↑ Hawaii Senate official election results for 2008
- ↑ District 12 Hawaii Senate candidate funds, 2008
- ↑ 2008 contributions to Brickwood Galuteria
|Hawaii State Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|