Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
|Transparency grading process|
Broken Arrow is one of the five largest cities in Oklahoma.
This web site was reviewed an unknown date.
- The most current budget is listed.
- Budgets are archived for 3 years.
- Administrative Officials
- Department heads are listed for each department.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided including a mailing address, phone number, and personalized email.
- Elected Officials
- Elected officials are listed with a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- Public Records
- The public information officer is identified and maintained by City Clerk position. This person provides a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- A public records form is provided.
- A fee schedule for documents is provided.
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state, and local funding in the budget.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are available online.
- Permits and zoning
- Zoning ordinances are posted online.
- Permit applications can be downloaded on the site, along with information on how to apply for the permits.
Broken Arrow is a city located in the northeastern part of Oklahoma, primarily in Tulsa County with an extension into western Wagoner County. It is the largest suburb of Tulsa and the 4th largest city in the state. The 2009 U.S. Census estimates placed the city's population at 94,996. The estimated 2010 population is 97,000.
Though Broken Arrow was originally an agricultural community, its current economy is diverse. The city has the third largest concentration of industries in the state.
The city of Broken Arrow is divided into four wards, which are redrawn periodically in an effort to keep a fairly even population distribution in each. The City Council consists of one member from each of those wards and an at-large member. While council members from the four wards must live in that ward, all registered voters in the city are eligible to vote on each. Each member is eligible to serve four years, with elections held every two years.
The City Manager of Broken Arrow reports directly to the City Council. He is the Chief Executive Officer and head of the administrative branch of the city government. The current City Manager is Thomas M. Moton, Jr..
Responsibilities include administering city government in accordance with city ordinances; reviewing and recommending items for City Council action; appointing or removing all city employees; supervising and controlling all administrative departments; preparing an annual budget; advising the Council of the condition and needs of the city; and performing other activities as directed by the City Council.
City Manager Salary
No information is provided on whether council members receive a salary, and if so, how much they earn.
|Licenses & Permits||$1,005,200.00||$750,700.00|
|Charges for Services||$51,704,305.00||$46,718,800.00|
|Fines, Forfeitures, and Assessments||$2,729,400.00||$2,577,800.00|
|Other Operating Expenses||$34,439,912.00||$35,985,158.00|
|Total Budget All Funds||$156,820,612.00||$272,461,402.00|
The city of Broken Arrow has a Director of Intergovernmental Relations on staff whose role is to keep the city council and City Manager informed on pending legislation and important issues. The Director also serves as a liaison between city officials and representatives of Homeowners Associations in Broken Arrow. The current Director of Intergovernmental Relations is Terri Cleveland.
The city is also lists the Indian Nation Council of Government (INCOG) and the Oklahoma Muncipal League on their list of lobbying organizations.
- City of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- Broken Arrow Detailed Profile
- Broken Arrow Government Information
- City of Broken Arrow, City receives A+ for Web site transparency, Aug. 27, 2010
- Broken Arrow, Budgets, Accessed: December 18, 2012
- Broken Arrow, Departments, Accessed: December 18, 2012
- Broken Arrow, Elected Officials, Accessed: December 18, 2012
- Meeting minutes and agendas, Accessed: Jan. 3, 2013
- Broken Arrow, Meeting Calendar, Accessed: December 18, 2012
- Broken Arrow, 2011 Audit, Accessed: December 18, 2012
- Audits, Accessed: Jan. 3, 2012
- Broken Arrow, Bids, Accessed: December 18, 2012
- Broken Arrow, Contracts, Accessed: December 18, 2012
- Broken Arrow, Open Records, Accessed: December 18, 2012
- Broken Arrow, Taxes, Accessed: December 18, 2012
- Broken Arrow, Intergovernmental Relations, Accessed: December 18, 2012
- Lobbying, Accessed: Jan. 3, 2013
- Broke Arrow, Building Permits and Zoning, Accessed: December 18, 2012
-  (dead link)
-  (dead link)
- Broken Arrow, OK -- City Budget
- city lobbyist
- lobbyist contact