Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 93|
|Bachelor's||Southern Illinois University at Carbondale|
Beckman's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Cut Taxes and Spending
- "I would vote to repeal the business margins tax that was proposed and signed in 2006 by Republican Governor Rick Perry, and filed by Rep. Jim Keffer (Republican from Eastland)."
- "I would file a bill to cut the state sales tax from 6.25% to 4%."
End the War on Drugs
- "I would vote to reduce spending on the War On Drugs programs in Texas and seek to re-appropriate those funds to other law enforcement programs such as prosecuting and monitoring sex offenders and other violent criminals."
- "I would vote for a bill to allow medical marijuana like HB 1491, filed last year by Rep. Naishtat (Democrat from Austin)."
Relief for Small Businesses
- "I would file legislation to reduce the power of cities to use permitting ordinances to limit and block businesses."
- "I would file legislation to repeal many anti-competitive occupational licensing laws."
Liberty for Latinos
- "I want Texas Latinos to leave behind big-government welfare and the big-government bigotry of the two dominant parties, and join the Libertarian Party instead. We don't want the government to prop people up, and we don't want the government to hold people down. I think that's consistent with the desire of most Latinos to have a level playing field where hard work pays off."
Beckman ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 93. Beckman ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and was defeated by Matt Krause (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 93, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bruce + Beckman + Texas + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
Public Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts M - Z |