|Board member, St. Cloud Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|St. Cloud Board of Education|
|2008 - 2012|
Bruce Hentges is an at-large member of the St. Cloud Board of Education in Minnesota. The seat was up for general election on November 4, 2014. He won the primary election on August 12, 2014. Hentges formerly served on the board from 2008 to 2012. He informally withdrew from the race on September 18, 2014, due to personal reasons, but still won the general election on November 4, 2014, and decided to serve.
The election in St. Cloud featured three at-large seats up for general election on November 4, 2014. The primary election was held on August 12, 2014. Incumbents Peter Hamerlinck, Bruce Mohs and Jerry Von Korff ran against challengers Hassan Abdullahi Yussuf, Michael Conway and Bruce Hentges for the seats. The primary election narrowed the candidate field from seven to six, which removed Scott Andreasen from the race. Hentges announced on September 18, 2014, that he was informally withdrawing from the race due to personal reasons, but he still appeared on the November ballot.
|St. Cloud School District, At-Large General Election, 4-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Bruce Mohs Incumbent||23.2%||15,129|
|Nonpartisan||Jerry Von Korff Incumbent||17%||11,066|
|Nonpartisan||Peter Hamerlinck Incumbent||15.2%||9,893|
|Nonpartisan||Hassan Abdullahi Yussuf||8.9%||5,800|
|Source: Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State, "Results for Selected Contests in School District No. 742 - St. Cloud Area," accessed December 30, 2014|
|St. Cloud School District, At-Large Primary Election, 4-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Bruce Mohs Incumbent||22%||3,217|
|Nonpartisan||Jerry Von Korff Incumbent||17%||2,490|
|Nonpartisan||Peter Hamerlinck Incumbent||12.1%||1,777|
|Nonpartisan||Hassan Abdullahi Yussuf||9%||1,317|
|Source: Stearns County Auditor/Treasurer, "Stearns County Official Results," accessed October 21, 2014|
St. Cloud School District does not publish campaign finance reports for school board candidates. State law does not require campaign finance reporting if contributions or expenditures do not exceed $750 in a calendar year.
Hentges did not receive any endorsements during the election.
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Hentges had no opponent in the primary. He faced John Pederson (R) in the general election.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 15 General Election, 2-year term, 2010|
|Source: Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election," accessed November 6, 2010|
About the district
- See also: St. Cloud School District, Minnesota
St. Cloud School District is located in Stearns County, Minnesota. The county seat is St. Cloud. Stearns County is home to 152,092 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau. In the 2011-2012 school year, St. Cloud School District was the 16th-largest school district in Minnesota and served 9,692 students.
Stearns County underperformed compared to the rest of Minnesota in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 24.2 percent of Stearns County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 32.2 percent for Minnesota as a whole. The median household income for Stearns County was $53,861 compared to $59,126 for the state of Minnesota. The percentage of people below poverty level for Stearns County was 12.7 percent while it was 11.2 percent for the state of Minnesota.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bruce + Hentges + St. + Cloud + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- St. Cloud School District
- Office website
- LinkedIn page
- 2010 campaign website
- 2010 Project Vote Smart profile
- 2010 Facebook profile
- 2010 Twitter account
- St. Cloud Times, "Hentges says he will serve board after dropping out," November 5, 2014
- St. Cloud Times, "St. Cloud school board candidate remains on ballot despite withdrawing," September 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Campaign Finance," accessed August 1, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Stearns County, Minnesota," accessed July 24, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State, "Election Results and Statistics," accessed August 1, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2014 St. Cloud School District Elections|
|Stearns County, Minnesota|
|Election date:||November 4, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, Peter Hamerlinck • Incumbent, Bruce Mohs • Incumbent, Jerry Von Korff • Scott Andreasen • Michael Conway • Bruce Hentges • Hassan Abdullahi Yussuf|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|