|Washington State Senate, District 2|
|Bachelor's||Society and Justice, University of Washington, 1980|
|Service/branch||Captain, Jet pilot, U.S. Marine Corps|
|Place of birth||Seattle, WA|
|Profession||Farmer, Former Captain with Delta Airlines|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 2
of the Washington State Senate
Lachney's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Too many of our neighbors are still out of work. The Legislature needs to do more to create jobs by:
- Ensuring East Pierce County receives new Capital Projects and work programs.
- Sunset and review tax exemptions to ensure they are creating jobs or improving the economy
- Ending the business tax on gross profits.
- Insisting on government reforms that make the best use of taxpayer money."
- Championing our Public Schools
- Excerpt: "As a former school board director, I know firsthand the challenges facing our public schools. Let’s continue to reform our K-12 system with:
- Increased accountability of our school’s Administration.
- A greater effort to retain and recruit quality teachers.
- A consistent focus on meeting the mandate set forth in our Constitution, to FULLY fund basic education.
- Increase graduation rates"
- Excerpt: "We need a new approach to state government. We teach our children the importance of civility, good manners, and the Golden Rule. Too often these lessons are ignored by elected officials that undermine good government to score cheap political points."
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2012
Lachney ran in the 2012 election for Washington State Senate, District 2. Lachney advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by incumbent Randi Becker (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington State Senate, District 2, General Election, 2012
||Randi Becker Incumbent
|| Bruce Lachney
|Washington State Senate, District 2 Blanket Primary, 2012
Randi Becker Incumbent
||Bruce L. Lachney
|| James E. Vaughn
Lachney has a wife, Ann, and two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bruce + Lachney + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Bruce Lachney News Feed
- ↑ Bruce Lachney for State Senate, "Issues," January 24, 2012, accessed July 30, 2012
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State, "August 07, 2012 Primary Results - Legislative - All Results," accessed August 15, 2012
- ↑ Bruce Lachney for State Senate, "Bruce Lachney, College Trustee, Airline Captain and Eatonville Cranberry Farmer, Announces Campaign For 2nd District State Senator," January 24, 2012, accessed July 30, 2012