|Georgia State Senate, District 14|
|December 12, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||December 3, 2013|
|Profession||Insurance Agency Owner|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Georgia State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Bruce A. Thompson is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Thompson won election in a special election for Georgia State Senate District 14. The seat was vacant following Sen. Barry Loudermilk's (R) resignation to focus on his Congressional campaign. Thompson faced Christopher G. Nesmith (D), Matt Laughridge (R), Dwight Pullen (R), Dean Sheridan (R) and Nicole Ebbeskotte (R) in the special election, which took place on November 5. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - Thompson and Laughridge - met in a runoff on December 3, which Thompson won.
|Georgia State Senate, District 14, Runoff Election, 2013|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bruce + Thompson + Georgia + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- cbsatlanta.com, "November special legislative elections set in Ga.," September 6, 2013
- qual.sos.state.ga.us, "Official candidate list," accessed September 19, 2013
- results.enr.clarityelections.com, "Unofficial election results," accessed November 5, 2013
- gpb.org, " Thompson, Prince, Efstration Win General Assembly Seats," December 4, 2013
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official runoff results," accessed January 8, 2014
Barry Loudermilk (R)
|Georgia Senate District 14
| Succeeded by|