|Minnesota House of Representatives District 13B|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Birthday||December 24, 1958|
|Place of birth||Slayton, MN|
Vogel is a business man and real estate agent. He has been part-owner of the Lakes Area realty in Wilmar since 2004.
Vogel attended Bethel College in St Paul.
Vogel's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt:"I will strongly continue to promote job growth by supporting tax cuts for small business and corporations so they can expand and succeed."
Jobs & Business
- Excerpt:"It is time to make Minnesota a business friendly state so we can keep our jobs and people here."
- Excerpt:"Rural Minnesotans have a genuine love and respect for their land and they will do whats best for the land; it is their livelihood. The state needs to do a better job of supporting and promoting rural Minnesota and the goods and services our farmers provide."
- Excerpt:"Yes! We need term limits. We need term limits to keep the ideas and energy fresh at the capitol and to remove “career politicians” who have long forgotten that they are to serve the people not their own agenda."
- Excerpt:"Simple steps such as volunteering our time and talents to help teach our children can go a long way in aiding our teachers and keeping our schools strong. As families and communities we must work together to ensure our children continue to achieve our high standard of education."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Vogel served on these committees:
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- Higher Education Policy and Finance
- Judiciary Policy and Finance
Vogel won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 17B. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by Mary Sawatzky (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 17B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bruce Vogel Incumbent||44.2%||8,562|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 13B (2010)|
|Al Juhnke (DFL)||7,197||47.34%|
|Bruce Vogel (R)||7,998||52.6%|
In 2010, Vogel raised $20,469 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|Kandiyohi County RPM||$3,100|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bruce + Vogel + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Vogel and his spouse Jeanne have four children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
Al Juhnke (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 13B
| Succeeded by|
Tim O'Driscoll (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |
Data Practices Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |