|Georgia House of Representatives District 115|
|January 11, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Furman University, 1976|
|Master's||University of Georgia, 1977|
|Profession||Founder/Chairman, Liberty First Bank|
Williamson earned his B.A. in Business Administration from Furman University and his M.A. in Risk Management and Insurance from the University of Georgia. His professional experience includes working as founder and chairman of Liberty First Bank in Monroe, GA, founder of Walton Bank and Trust Company, Williamson Insurance Agency, Inc. and Main Street Insurance Services, and co-founder of Williamson-Musselwhite Insurance Incorporated.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Williamson served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Banks and Banking, Vice Chair|
|• Governmental Affairs|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Williamson served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Banks and Banking|
|• Budget and Fiscal Affairs Oversight|
|• Governmental Affairs|
Elections for the office of Georgia House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on July 22, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent H.B. "Bruce" Williamson III was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Williamson ran in the 2012 election for Georgia House of Representatives District 115. Williamson ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012. No Democratic candidate filed to run for this seat. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Williamson ran unopposed in the general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 115, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bruce Williamson Incumbent||100%||18,608|
No one ran against him Williamson the November 2 general election.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 111 (2010)|
|Bruce Williamson (R)||16,020||100.0%|
Williamson defeated Lee Rowell and Timmy Shelnutt in the July 20 primary.
|Georgia House of Representatives, District 111 - Republican Primary (2010)|
Comprehensive donor information for Williamson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Williamson raised a total of $135,108 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|Bruce Williamson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia State House, District 115||$69,751|
|2010||Georgia State House, District 111||$65,357|
|Grand Total Raised||$135,108|
2012Williamson won re-election to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Williamson raised a total of $69,751.
|Georgia House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bruce Williamson's campaign in 2012|
|Kelly, Thomas F||$2,500|
|Select Management Resources||$2,500|
|Rawl Iii, James||$2,500|
|Georgia Dental Association||$1,650|
|Total Raised in 2012||$69,751|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Williamson was up for re-election, he collected $65,357 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Williamson III, Hugh B||$5,000|
|Kelly, Thomas F||$2,400|
Williamson and his wife, Vickie, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bruce + Williamson + Georgia + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bruce Williamson on the Georgia House of Representatives website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Georgia Elected Officials and Leaders," January 20, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 10, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "GA - Election Results," accessed May 28, 2014
- Barrow Patch, "Williamson considering a run for Broun's seat in the U.S. House of Representatives" accessed April 16, 2013
- Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division, "Candidate List" accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Georgia Elections Division, "2012 Election Results" accessed November 16, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official 2010 Election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Williamson, Bruce," accessed August 27, 2013
- 210 contributions
Doug McKillip (R)
|Georgia House District 115
| Succeeded by|
|Georgia House District 111
| Succeeded by|
Brian Strickland (R)
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |