|Virginia House of Delegates, District 55|
|January 8, 2014|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of Mary Washington|
Fowler graduated from the University of Mary Washington and ran a small business before working as Research Director for the Joint Republican caucus in the Virginia State Assembly. He then worked as a legislative aid for Frank Hargrove (R) and John Cox (R).
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Fowler served on the following committees:
|Virginia Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Militia, Police and Public Safety|
|• Privileges and Elections|
Fowler won the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 55. Fowler ran unopposed in the June 11th Republican Primary. He defeated Toni Radler (D) and Christopher Sullivan (L) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce: 2014 Legislative Report Card
- Legislators are scored based on their support of pro-business issues during the 2014 legislative session.
- Virginia League of Conservation Voters: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environmental and conservation issues.
- Northern Virginia Chamber Partners: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on business and quality of life issues.
- Virginia Manufactures Association: 2014 Legislative Wrap Up
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that VMA introduced or was part of an coalition that introduced it.
- Virginia Tea Party Patriots Federation: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
In 2013, Fowler’s endorsements included the following:
- Former Delegate Frank Hargrove
- Former State Senator Leslie Campbell
- Caroline County Sheriff Tony Lippa
- Caroline School Board Chairman Nancy Carson
- Hanover County Commissioner of the Revenue Scott Harris
Fowler and his wife, Patsy, have three children, Laura Lee, Zachary Hyland, and Martha Ann. They live in Ashland, VA. Fowler has volunteered as Chairman of General Board Clay Springs Ruritan Club, Advancement Chairman and committee member of Ashland Boy Scout Troop 700, and as the Beaverdam District member of the Hanover County Citizens Roads Committee.
- The Herald-Progress, "Three vying for 55th District House of Delegates seat," July 18, 2013
- The Richmond Times-Dispatch, "Hanover has race for House of Delegates seat," June 1, 2013
- The Free Lance-Star, "Fowler running for GOP in 55th House district," March 13, 2013
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Buddy + Fowler + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia State Legislature
- Virginia House of Delegates
- Virginia House of Delegates Committees
- Virginia state legislative districts
- Del. Fowler's website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Candidate Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Vote VA profile
- Buddy Fowler for House of Delegates, "Biography," accessed September 5, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- Buddy Fowler for House of Delegates, "Ednorsements," accessed September 5, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Buddy Fowler - Biography," accessed September 5, 2013
John Cox (R)
|Virginia House of Delegates District 55
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |