The Budget Committee is a standing committee of the Arizona Legislature.
Committees of the Arizona State Legislature are governed by the Arizona Revised Statutes. Committees may be chosen by each chamber's presiding officer or have specific members as outlined in the statutes.
See rules: Arizona Revised Statutes
This committee serves the following functions:
- make recommendations to the Legislature regarding the State budget and revenues;
- implement a fiscal note system;
- conduct studies;
- approve the transfer of funds for State agencies;
- on or before February 15 of each year, compute and transmit the truth in taxation rates for equalization assistance for school districts for the following fiscal year to the Joint Legislative Tax Committee and the Chairs of the Appropriations Committees of the Senate and the House of Representatives; and
- review prior to commitment all contracts entered into by the School Facilities Board for professional and other outside services and the initial assessment of school facilities and equipment.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.