|Nebraska State Senate District 8|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$123/day for those living 50+ miles from capitol, otherwise $46/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 four-year terms|
|Bachelor's||University of St. Thomas, 1994|
|J.D.||University of Notre Dame Law School, 1998|
|Birthday||October 13, 1971|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Harr has worked as a founding partner at Flatwater Strategies, Limited Liability Company. He has also worked as an attorney at Kutak Rock and Douglas County Attorneys Office.
Harr earned his JD from the University of Notre Dame Law School in 1998. He also received his BA from the University of St. Thomas in 1994.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Harr served on the following committees:
|Nebraska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Labor, Vice Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Harr served on these committees:
|Nebraska Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Business and Labor|
Harr's website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- Excerpt: "Burke Harr is firmly committed to strengthening Nebraska’s laws to make sure that those who seek to destroy our families and communities by perpetrating horrendous acts will be met with swift and certain accountability through our criminal justice system."
- Excerpt: "Burke understands that government must run more like a business. In tough economic times, businesses cut back on unneeded expenses. We must look to eliminate unnecessary positions, obtain efficiencies through innovation and technology and consolidate where possible."
- Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Burke understands the importance that small businesses play in making our economy strong. Burke also has years of experience working on legal matters for some of our country’s major businesses."
- Excerpt: "Burke understands that we are at a crossroads in education. The stakes could never be higher. Nearly two-thirds of our property tax payments goes to fund * Education, but it seems that the problems in our schools are only multiplying."
- Excerpt: "Burke understands that the existing state and federal laws are thwarting wind energy development. Burke is committed to creating legislation that will allow our public power districts and private industries to overcome the obstacles that have stymied this industry."
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2010
|Nebraska State Senate, District 8 General election (2010)|
Comprehensive donor information for Harr is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Harr raised a total of $152,354 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 22, 2013.
|Burke Harr's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nebraska State Senate, District 8||$53,087|
|2010||Nebraska State Senate, District 8||$99,267|
|Grand Total Raised||$152,354|
Harr was not up for election to the Nebraska State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Harr raised a total of $53,087.
|Nebraska State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Burke Harr's campaign in 2012|
|Nebraska Association Of Trial Attorneys||$2,500|
|Nebraska Optometric Association||$2,000|
|Union Pacific Railroad||$2,000|
|Nebraska State Education Association||$1,600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$53,087|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Harr won election to the Nebraska State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Harr raised a total of $99,267.
|Nebraska State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Burke Harr's campaign in 2010|
|Harr, Burke J.||$10,750|
|Harr, Allison Oaks||$2,500|
|Harr, Steven Daniel||$2,500|
|Nebraska State AFL-CIO||$2,100|
|Nebraska Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||$2,031|
|Total Raised in 2010||$99,267|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Burke + Harr + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dramatic reform of juvenile justice takes shape in Legislature - North Platte Bulletin
- Tax incentives may jump-start $300 million Siouxland wind farm - Sioux City Journal
- Lawmakers reach compromise on health insurance exchange - Scottsbluff Star Herald
- Water task force bill rolls through debate, round two - North Platte Bulletin
- More endorsements in Marian Fey-Woody Bradford school board race - Omaha World-Herald
- Juvenile sentencing bill moves forward with more debate - Lincoln Journal Star
- Bill to change utility rate appeals gets initial nod - Lincoln Journal Star
- Childcare centers would be rated, subsidies expanded under bill (AUDIO) - Nebraska Radio Network
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Harr and his wife, Jennifer, have one child.
- Burke Harr's official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of 2010 candidates for Nebraska Legislature
- May 11, 2010 primary election results
|Nebraska State Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|