|Tennessee Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development|
|March 18, 2013-present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||March 18, 2013|
|Appointed by||Gov. Bill Haslam (R)|
|Bachelor's||Middle Tennessee State University (1970)|
|Master's||Middle Tennessee State University (1975)|
|J.D.||Nashville School of Law|
Phillips is the founder of a surgical instrument company. He was serving as managing director of the Department of Finance and Administration when he was named as Tennessee Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development in March 2013. He previously worked for the Transportation Department.
- Bachelor's, Middle Tennessee State University, 1970
- Master's, Middle Tennessee State University, 1975
- J.D., Nashville School of Law
Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development (2013-Present)
Phillips was first appointed as the acting Tennessee Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development by Governor Bill Haslam on March 18, 2013.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Burns + Phillips + Tennessee + Labor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Commercial Appeal, "Top two officials in Tennessee Department of Labor resign," March 18, 2013
- The Tennessean, "TN Labor chief Karla Davis, two others step down," March 19, 2013
- Governor of Tennessee, "Haslam Announces Phillips as Commissioner Of Labor And Workforce Development," June 12, 2013
- Times Free Press, "Karla Davis quits Tennessee labor post," March 19, 2013
|Tennessee Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development
| Succeeded by|