California 1986 ballot propositions

From Ballotpedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Twenty-four statewide ballot propositions were on the 1986 ballot in California. 75% of these propositions (18) were voted onto the ballot by the California State Legislature, the remaining 25% (6) were initiated via petition.

On the ballot

June 3

Type Title Subject Description Result
LBM Proposition 42 Bonds $850 million, veteran housing loans Approveda
LBM Proposition 43 Bonds $100 million for parks, beaches, recreational areas Approveda
LBM Proposition 44 Bonds $150 million for water projects Approveda
LRCA Proposition 45 Admin of gov't State funds can be deposited in a credit union Approveda
LRCA Proposition 46 Taxes With 2/3rds vote, property tax higher than allowed under Prop 13 if funds purchase real estate Approveda
LRCA Proposition 47 Taxes Vehicle license fees allocated to cities and counties Approveda
LRCA Proposition 48 Spending Retirement systems of legislators and judges Approveda
LRCA Proposition 49 Elections Parties not allowed to endorse candidates for nonpartisan offices Approveda
LRCA Proposition 50 Taxes How property built to replace property damaged by a disaster is valued Approveda
CISS Proposition 51 Judiciary Defendants in tort cases pay proportionally to their responsibility for non-economic damages Approveda
LBM Proposition 52 Bonds $495 million for county jails Approveda

November 4

Type Title Subject Description Result
LBM Proposition 53 Bonds $800 million for public school construction Approveda
LBM Proposition 54 Bonds $500 million for correctional facilities Approveda
LBM Proposition 55 Bonds $100 million for water systems Approveda
LBM Proposition 56 Bonds $400 million for higher education Approveda
LRCA Proposition 57 Pensions Retirement system for elected constitutional officers Approveda
LRCA Proposition 58 Taxes Property transferred within family keeps its Prop 13 limits Approveda
LRCA Proposition 59 Elections Elected district attorney in all 58 counties Approveda
LRCA Proposition 60 Taxes Those over 55 allowed to take Prop 13 protections to new residence Approveda
CICA Proposition 61 Admin of gov't Caps on salaries of state gov't officials Defeatedd
CISS Proposition 62 Taxes New local taxes required 2/3rds voter approval Approveda
CICA Proposition 63 English English is the official language of California Approveda
CISS Proposition 64 Healthcare Declares AIDS as an infectious, contagious and communicable disease Defeatedd
CISS Proposition 65 Healthcare Individuals cannot be exposed chemicals known to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity without notification Approveda

External links

Suggest a link