California State Association of Counties
CSAC has been an active contributor to ballot measure campaigns in California. The Taxpayer Protection Act is a 2008 initiative directed at reforming the level of disclosure that CSAC could have to make about where the money is coming from that it donates to ballot measure campaigns.
Ballot measures on which CSAC has taken on position
- California Proposition 98 (2008) -- opposes, and has given $912,000 to defeat.
- California Proposition 99 (2008) -- supports.
- Main article:California government sector lobbying
The California State Association of Counties is a government sector lobbying association. According to a Pacific Research Institute study, the group is funded in whole or in part by taxpayer dollars, in the form of membership dues paid by local governments.
California State Association of Counties has reported $1,160,000 spent on lobbying the federal government since 2000 (see table).
|Year||Amount spent on lobbying|
- California State Association of Counties official website
- National Association of Counties California section (dead link)