California activist wants better ballot titles, online information
SACRAMENTO, California: California activist David Spady has filed two proposed 2010 ballot initiatives. His goal with both of the initiatives is to reform the process of providing information to voters about statewide ballot propositions.
Spady's Voter Information Guide Reform Act would require the California Secretary of State to provide more information online about the state's propositions, specifically by providing an online resource with:
- A link to the most recent campaign finance report for any committee primarily formed to support or oppose the state measure.
- A link to a campaign website at the request of the authors of the ballot arguments for or against the state measure.
- A link to video or audio content at the request of the authors of the ballot arguments for or against the state measure.
- A link to video or audio of the joint public hearing held to illuminate the measure.
- Laws governing the initiative process in California
- California Ballot Title Reform Act (2010)
- California Ballot Proposition Voter Information Guide Reform (2010)
- California 2010 ballot measures