|Alabama State Senate District 14|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Alabama House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Troy State University, 1993|
|J.D.||Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, 1996|
|Date of birth||March 24, 1971|
|Place of birth||Milton, Florida|
Ward currently works as the executive director on the Industrial Development Board for the city of Alabaster. He previously worked as the district director for Congressman Spencer Bachus, Deputy Secretary of State and Deputy Attorney General - Alabama State Auditor's Office.
Rep. Ward speaking to supporters
Ward served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Business and Labor Committee
- Confirmations Committee
- Energy and Natural Resources Committee Co-Chair
- Finance and Taxation General Fund Committee
- Health Committee
- Judiciary Committee Co-Chair
- Local Legislation No. 2 Committee
- Reapportionment Committee, Alabama State Legislature
Ward's answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test informed voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. He did not reply when asked his top legislative priorities.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Alabama State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Cam Ward was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Ward raised $114,572 for his campaign.
In 2010, Ward raised $209,718 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Retail Association||$17,000|
|Home Builders Association Of Alabama||$10,000|
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
In 2006, Ward collected $114,572 in donations.
Below are Ward's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Medical Assoc of the State of Alabama||$3,000|
|AL Road Builders Assoc||$2,500|
In 2010, Ward's endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of January 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
Ward and his wife, Julie, have one child.
Ward is a member of the American Bar Association, Alabaster/Pelham Rotary Club Board of Directors, Court Appointed Special Advocate of Shelby County, Alabama Law Institute Council Board, Alabaster Young Men's Christian Association Board and the American Village Board.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cam + Ward + Alabama + Senate." Because the results are from a Google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
- Alabama State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Cam Ward Homepage
- Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- We Support Cam Ward on Facebook
- Cam Ward on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ward Issue Positions
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 25, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed December 31, 2014
- Mitt Romney Central, "Alabama Leaders Support Mitt Romney," October 21, 2011
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ward
|Alabama State Senate District 14
| Succeeded by|
|Alabama House District 49
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|