The Capital Development Committee is a joint standing committee of the Colorado General Assembly.
Per Section 2-3-1302 of the Colorado Revised Statutes members of the joint Capital Development Committee will include two two majority and one minority party member from both the House and Senate. The committee members will be chosen in the same manner as their are chosen in their respective houses. The committee will meet during the legislative session and the interim between sessions. Committee members may be chosen before the first legislative session after the general election to expedite decision making. The committee chair and vice-chair will be chosen at the first meeting held after October 15 in odd-numbered years and at the meeting after the first legislative session in even-numbered years. During the first general session the chair, from the Senate will serve as the chair of the committee, while the vice-chairman will be from the House. During the second regulation session however the chairman and vice-chairman will switch positions.
See rules: Colorado Revised Statutes Section 2-3-1302
||The Capital Development Committee (CDC) is a statutory committee responsible for reviewing funding requests for capital projects from all state agencies, and making prioritized recommendations to the Joint Budget Committee.
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
- ↑ "Colorado Revised Statutes," "Capital development committee established," accessed February 4, 2014(Section (2-3-1302(1)))
- ↑ "Colorado Revised Statutes," "Capital development committee established," accessed February 4, 2014(Section (2-3-1302(1.5)))
- ↑ "Colorado Revised Statutes," "Capital development committee established," accessed February 4, 2014(Section (2-3-1302(2)))
- ↑ "Colorado Legislative Council," "Capital Development Committee," accessed February 4, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.